Did you know that different monitor sizes are used for different purposes?
And, What is the best monitor size for office work at home? These days, many people work from home.
A monitor that is made for office work is well optimized in such a way that it increases productivity without causing too many eye strains.
TheBestMonitors.com team has done the research and after testing hundreds of monitors over the course of months, we recommend 27-inch monitors to be the most optimized size for office work.
For those who are in a big hurry and can’t go through the whole guide, here are the top 3 that we recommend:
- LG 27QN600-B 27” QLD
- LG 29WP60G-B UltraWide Monitor
- BenQ 27 Inch IPS Monitor
We do suggest going through our guide for more detailed information down below.
With that being said, some people have their own preferences when it comes to monitoring size for office work.
A monitor that doesn’t fit your needs can lead to eye strain, neck pain, and a general feeling of malaise.
No matter how premium quality keyboard and mouse you use.
To choose the right monitor for your office work, there are many factors that you should keep in mind. Such as resolutions, aspect ratio, monitor size, etc.
But when you choose the best monitors for working from home, the main factor that matters most is the size.
Here’s a list of the best monitors we found that are most suitable for office work:
Since we have to spend hours and hours working on a PC then you have to control the amount of light entering your eyes. Such as, if you have AutoCAD/cam work, or you are a video editor, then the monitors which come with great color corrections are really good for this purpose. I have written an article on the best monitors for AutoCAD, you can check it.
If you have a giant big size monitor then the amount of light that it radiates and that enters your eyes is much higher which can cause eye irritations and fatigue. To solve this, You can check out our recommended guide on the best monitor for eye strain here.
So, which is the best size for an office work monitor? Well, it depends on the type of work you have.
In this guide, We will go through every aspect so that we can choose the right size monitors for ourselves. So stay tuned.
Best Monitor Size For Office Work From Home (2022)
If you have a budget, then a bigger size monitor with higher pixel resolutions should always be the best choice for you.
Screen size is measured diagonally. So no matter what size you will choose, the Aspect ratio will be the same. That is 16:9.
But choosing an Ultrawide monitor will increase the aspect ratio size from 16:9 to 21:9. This means an ultrawide monitor provides you more space as compared to a normal 16:9 ratio monitor.
If you do content creation, like video editing, audio mixing, etc. in which you have to handle large timelines then having an ultrawide monitor is always the best choice for you.
The LG 27QN600-B is perfect for office use. The 27” screen has a QHD resolution, the IPS display gives you accurate colors and wide viewing angles, so you can share your screen with others. And with AMD FreeSync technology, you can enjoy smooth computing without any stuttering or tearing.
With two HDMI ports and one DisplayPort input, you can easily connect your devices. In addition, the monitor’s sleek design will look great in any office. So if you need a high-quality monitor for work, the LG 27QN600-B is a great option.
- 27” QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Display
- 3-Side Virtually Borderless DesignSRGB 99% Color Gamut
- HDR 10 Compatible
- AMD FreeSync
- HDMI (x2)
LG 29WP60G-B is a great office monitor with an IPS panel. The aspect ratio is 21:9, and the resolution is 2560×1080. This monitor has a brightness of 250 cd/m2 and a static contrast ratio of 1000:1.
With its black stabilizer, it assures that you can see all the details even in dark scenes. The on-screen control allows you to adjust the settings quickly and easily. With its 99% sRGB color gamut, this monitor reproduces colors accurately and vividly. The 2 HDMI ports and the 1 DisplayPort allow you to connect multiple devices simultaneously.
- 29” ultrawide 21:9 full HD (2560 x 1080) IPS display
- SRGB 99% color gamut with hdr 10
- USB type-c connectivity
- AMD freesync
- 3-side virtually borderless display
- Connectivity technology: HDMI
The BenQ 27-inch IPS monitor is perfect for office work. The monitor has a resolution of 1920×1080, making it perfect for viewing multiple applications and programs at once.
The IPS panel allows for consistent color reproduction from all viewing angles, making the monitor size perfect for group work or presentations.
Additionally, the BenQ 27-inch IPS monitor has a low blue light mode to reduce eye fatigue, making it perfect for extended use.
- 27-inch FHD 1080P IPS panel: 27” Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 250 nits of brightness,
- Built-in speakers
- 178° wide viewing angle for Clarity from any viewing angle
- Ultra-slim bezel design, space-saving base, elegant design for home office
- Low Blue light and zero flicker technology to prevent headaches and eye strain.
- Easy eye technology for optimized images
- Cable management for hiding the cables inside the monitor stand
- VESA wall mount
The Philips 278E1A is a 27-inch frameless monitor that has a 4K UHD IPS display. This makes it perfect for office work, as the high resolution and wide viewing angles will make it easy to see whatever is on the screen from any angle.
The monitor also has a built-in USB hub, which means that you can easily connect peripherals such as mice, keyboards, and external hard drives without having to reach around the back of the monitor.
Additionally, the Philips 278E1A has low blue light technology, which reduces eye fatigue and makes it easier to use for extended periods of time. Finally, the monitor comes with a four-year warranty, for peace of mind.
- Philips E-Line 27″ curved frameless LED monitor
- UltraClear 4K UHD 3840×2160 resolution
- 109% sRGB color gamut coverage
- IPS LED wide view technology for image and color accuracy
- 4-Year Advance Replacement in the United States
- HDMI x2, DisplayPort, audio in & out connectivity
- Wall mountable (VESA compatible)
- LowBlue mode reduces harmful blue light
- Flicker-Free technology regulates brightness and reduces eye fatigue
The SAMSUNG 32” M7 Smart Monitor is perfect for office work. The monitor has a sleek design that will look great in any office setting. Plus, the monitor has a built-in speaker that provides clear sound quality.
The SAMSUNG 32” M7 Smart Monitor is also a great choice for home use. The monitor has a large screen that is perfect for watching movies or playing video games. The monitor also has a smart remote that makes it easy to control the television from your couch.
- SAMSUNG Ultrawide 4K DCI 2160p
- Wireless DeX unlocks a full PC experience, without a computer through just your smart monitor and phone
- Entertainment apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, and HBO, without switching on your PC or laptop
- installed Microsoft Office 365, or by remote access to your office computer
- AirPlay 2 integration, use Apple devices to work and play on the big screen
- Gamers can adjust the screen to 21:9 and discover hidden areas in gaming scenes with Ultrawide Game View
- 4x the pixels of Full HD, life-like UHD images
If you are looking for a monitor with an extremely slim profile, the SAMSUNG C27F398 27 Inch Curved LED Monitor is a great option.
This monitor has a depth of only 2.5 inches, making it one of the thinnest monitors on the market. It also has a sleek, curved design that will add a touch of elegance to any desk.
This monitor features a 1920 x 1080 resolution, providing stunning detail and clarity. The curved design creates an immersive viewing experience that is ideal for office work and watching movies or playing video games in your spare time.
The C27F398 also features AMD FreeSync technology, which minimizes screen tearing and stuttering for a smooth gaming experience.
- Industry-leading 1800R screen curvature for immersive viewing
- Ultra slim design less than 0.5 inches thick
- Rapid 4ms response time for a clear picture during fast-moving scenes
- Eye Saver Mode optimizes your viewing comfort by reducing blue light emissions and flickers for long hours of office work
- Picture Quality with 3000:1 contrast ratio
- Windows Compatible: Windows 10. Outputs: Audio / Headphone (3.5 millimeter)
- Refresh Rate is 60 Hertz
The Samsung 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide has a fast response time of 2 milliseconds, so you won’t have to worry about any lag or screen tearing. Additionally, this monitor has a maximum refresh rate of 100 Hz, which means that you’ll be able to experience smoother gameplay with less stutter.
And if that’s not enough, the Samsung 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide also has a built-in AMD Freesync module, which ensures that you’ll get a smooth working experience when working from home or doing office work such as programming development, graphic design, and more.
- WQHD Monitor 34″, 3440 x 1440p Resolution
- Powerful multitasking split screen features, easy-to-use embedded split screen software
- Built-in AMD Freesync
- HDMI ports and display ports. Power Supply Type – AC 100-240V.
- Slim bezel elegant design brings quality work with style
- 3000:1 contrast ratio of advanced VA panel
- Dimensions Without Stand-32.6 x 14.5 x 4.1 inches
The Samsung 43-inch 4K Smart Monitor is great for office work from home. The monitor is Ultra High Definition (UHD) and has a resolution of 3840 x 2160.
This means that you can see every little detail on the screen, making it perfect for detailed work like graphic design or editing photos. The monitor also has a built-in speaker, so you can listen to music or watch videos without having to plug in external speakers.
Additionally, the monitor has a Samsung Smart Hub built-in. This allows you to access all of your favorite streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. The Samsung 43-inch 4K Smart Monitor is the perfect addition to any home office.
- 43″ 4K monitor 3840 x 2160 get more detail and sharpness
- Widescreen allows more web pages, images, and texts to be viewed with less scrolling and zooming for a productive workspace
- PC on Screen features and mobile connectivity with Apple Airplay, connect to a Macbook as a dual monitor to increase work efficiency.
- Streaming apps such as Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Prime video, and more
- Remote control and built-in speakers create an easy multi-functional device that can do it all without a PC, laptop, or Smart TV
- Easy mobile connection via wireless DeX, connect Galaxy mobile devices to the monitor
- Connect two different devices to the monitor at their native resolution side by side screen (PBP) or as a second display (PIP)
- Eye Saver mode reduces blue light emissions that are harmful to retinas
- The flicker-free display also protects your eyes from the constant strain of flickering screens
LG 38WN75C-B Monitor 38″ is an office work monitor that you would be proud to own. This monitor is more of a high-end office monitor, It has a crisp, clear picture that is perfect for any setting.
With its 38″ size, this monitor is sure to make a statement in any room. It has a sleek design that will look great on any desk. Whether you are looking for a new monitor for work or just want an upgrade, the LG 38WN75C-B Monitor 38″ is a perfect choice.
- 38″ 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD
- 3840 x 1600 IPS Display, HDR 10 compatible
- sRGB 99% Color Gamut
- Easy Multi-tasking with Screen Split and On-Screen Control
- 75hz refresh rate
- Multiple HDMI ports to connect your devices
- Tilt / Height Adjustable Stand
Best Budget Monitors For Office Work FAQs
Generally, people prefer to choose 24 inches to monitor for office-related work because in this size you will get a really good monitor at less than $100. If you are looking for the same, then I recommended you check out the HP VH240a monitor.
A lot of time, Office workers who have a lot of data analysis work or those who need to handle lots of excel spreadsheets work can also choose 27 inches monitor.
And some of them choose 30 inches monitors as well.
Choosing a monitor above 30 inches can cost you higher and they are also not optimized for office-related work. Instead of choosing the 30 inches monitor, people prefer to go with widescreen monitors.
How far should you sit from a 27-inch monitor?
As a general rule, you should sit between 18 and 24 inches from a 27-inch monitor.
If you sit too close, you may experience eye fatigue, and if you sit too far away, you may not be able to see all of the detail on the screen.
Experiment with different distances to find the one that’s most comfortable for you.
If you’re using a laptop, you may want to consider investing in an external monitor.
This will give you more screen real estate and allow you to sit further away from the laptop. Plus, it can be a great way to multitask; for example, you can have a document open on one screen while browsing the internet on another.
Whatever size monitor you’re using, make sure that your eyes are level with the top of the screen.
This will help reduce eye fatigue and ensure that you’re seeing all of the detail on the screen.
You may need to adjust your chair or desk height to achieve this position.
Is a 32-inch monitor good for the office?
This is a question that many people have and it really depends on what you are looking for in a monitor.
If you are looking for an affordable option that has good image quality, then a 32-inch monitor would be a good choice for an office setting.
Keep in mind that if you are looking for something that is affordable and offers good image quality, then a 32-inch monitor would be a great option for an office.
What is the best resolution for an office work monitor?
When it comes to choosing the best resolution for an office work monitor, there are a few things to consider.
One of the most important factors is how much screen real estate you need. If you have a lot of windows open or need to view a lot of content at once, then you’ll want a monitor with a higher resolution.
Another consideration is how comfortable you are working with text onscreen. If you find yourself squinting or straining your eyes, then you may want to choose a monitor with a lower resolution.
One other thing to consider is how much desk space you have. Some monitors are quite large, and may not fit comfortably on smaller desks.
If this is the case for you, then you’ll want to look for a model that has a smaller footprint.
By keeping these things in mind, you should be able to find the perfect monitor for your needs and budget.
What other things do I need to consider?
Apart from choosing the right monitor size for office work, there are a few other elements that you should need to consider before buying a monitor.
- Aspect Ratio
16:9 Aspect ratio is the most popular aspect ratio and we recommended choosing a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor. This aspect ratio offers a lot of benefits for work-oriented people.
Other great aspect ratios are 21:9, a widescreen monitor, and a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor which offers slightly more space in vertical and you can view two or more documents simultaneously.
- Screen Type
There are various screen types are available. Some of them are the IPS Panel, TN Panel, and VA Panels. TN Panels are best for those who do gaming. But for office use, you must choose an IPS panel display. It will be more comfortable for the eyes.
Resolutions available for monitors today range from 640×480 all the way up to 3840×2160 and some even higher. Most monitors come with a resolution of 1920×1080, which is a good middle ground for most users. If you’re not sure what resolution is best for you, it’s always a good idea to visit your local best buy or a store that sells monitors and have a look at the monitors firsthand.
In the end, the best resolution for an office work monitor is the one that suits your needs and makes you most productive. So take the time to consider your individual needs and choose accordingly. With so many different resolutions available today, there’s definitely no shortage of options!
There are some other specifications are also available on the monitor. Such as refresh rates and response rates. But it doesn’t matter much unless you use your office monitor for gaming purposes.
Hope you found these tips helpful. And hopefully, now you can choose the right monitor for your office-related work.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right size monitor for office work?
The ideal size for a monitor mainly depends on its resolution and how far you’re sitting from the screen. Most people find that 1920 × 1080 is appropriate for monitors up to 25-inch; 1440p is ideal for 27-inch, and 4K is perfect for 30-inch and above, depending on preference.
What monitor features and specs to consider?
- Aspect ratio
- Brightness level
- Contrast ratio
- High dynamic range
- Refresh rate
- Viewing angle