We’ve put together this great piece of content to answer the question – Does HDMI Support 144Hz?
The short answer is – YES HDMI supports 144hz refresh rate.
If you want to experience smooth gameplay, then having a powerful graphic card and a good display are very important.
Apart from this, you should also need a cable that is compatible to connect both things properly.
There are lots of misconceptions and doubts related to HDMI connections. And one of the biggest doubts among people is, does HDMI support a 144hz refresh rate? Or not?
Before answering this question, let us discuss some primary knowledge of the 144Hz Refresh Rate monitors and HDMI Cables.
Having a cheap 144hz gaming monitor is one of the finest monitors because they show the images effortlessly as the display screen refreshes it 144 times per second.
Due to this high refresh rate, the display screen produces an accurate, smooth motion without any screen glitch. A high refresh rate produces high-resolution images in such a smooth flow that can enhance your gaming performance.
HDMI 144hz on the other hand, High Definition Multimedia Interface HDMI is utilized to transfuse or transfer high-grade images, videos, and audio from one device to another.
Some monitor contains a special port known as HDMI Port responsible for high-quality media files to transfer such files.
A high-quality monitor such as a 1440p 144hz monitor always comes with HDMI ports, DisplayPort & a USB type C port, as they are the fastest way to transmit the data.
Does HDMI Support 144Hz Refresh Rate?
Yes, you can get a 144Hz Refresh Rate with an HDMI Port.
Despite this, it must be HDMI 1.4 and above versions, which are compatible with a high-resolution gaming monitor (1080p) with a high refresh rate of 144Hz.
The accuracy and speed of the graphics used in this type of monitor are two essential factors that gamers require when playing such high-resolution games on this type of monitor.
In this instance, they require the finest monitor cable type that can support a high refresh rate of 144Hz, and that’s where the HDMI Cord or Cable comes from.
But the cable should be the HDMI 1.4 and above variants so that your monitor doesn’t affect by these problems like:
- Limiting the monitor screen with a low refresh rate.
- Failure to show or display the images perfectly on the screen.
- Cause your display screen to gleam or flicker.
Meanwhile, if you are searching for a professional gaming monitor then check out our recommended guides best monitors for overwatch, and best monitors for CSGO. These monitors have all the required things that a pro gamer needs.
What type of Cord or Cable is needed for this?
As I’ve specified before, the 144Hz Monitor requires a high-grade cord or cable to ensure that you obtain the finest images and videos.
Days are gone when the monitors came with a single port for connectivity. Nowadays, monitors come with several input ports like HDMI Port, Display Port, and Dual-Link Digital Visual Interface (DVI) Port.
This makes things easier to select the ideal cord or cable for your monitor. For a perfect gaming experience, your 144Hz monitor will need a cord or cable that supports high-resolution performance with the help of various cables like Display Port Cable, HDMI 1.4, and dual-link DVI.
Types of HDMI Cables: Everything You Need to Know
There are various types of HDMI Cables to select from. Knowing all this will assist you in selecting the finest HDMI Cable for your monitor.
Electrical appliances with HDMI Ports comprise monitors, Televisions, Projectors, DVD players, Gaming Console, Laptops, etc. Here are different kinds of HDMI Ports or Cables:-
- Standard HDMI Cables – This type of port or cable supports 720p or 1080p high-quality video resolutions. This cable was built in the year 2002. However, it is still utilized nowadays, but not with all the upgrades in the HDMI Ports or Cables.
- Standard HDMI Port with Ethernet – This type of HDMI Port permits two Ethernet-enabled devices to transfuse or transfer Internet Signals over the cord or cable. When you utilize the general HDMI Port with an Ethernet Cable, you’ll be capable of attaching or connecting your electrical devices to the Internet.
- Standard Vehicular or Automotive HDMI Cable – This special type of cord or cable is specially formulated for automobile connectivity. It also has an extra covering or coating to detract intervention inside the car.
- High-Speed HDMI Cord or Cable – This is one of the finest monitor cables for your 144 Hz monitor. It also supports high-resolution image quality and a high refresh rate of up to 144 Hz. This provides high graphics with a full resolution that can enhance your visual and gaming performance.
- Ultra High-Speed HDMI Cord or Cable – This type of cord or cable supports a high data transfer speed of up to 48 Gbps of bandwidth along with high-resolution image quality and a high refresh rate. It also minimizes intervention or interference with close electrical devices for high data transmission.
- Micro and Mini HDMI Cables – It should be emphasized that besides the general HDMI cables, micro and mini HDMI cables are also accessible, which can also be utilized in the general HDMI Cable. These HDMI cables are tiny in size, and you can utilize them for various electrical devices like Cameras, Tablets, etc.
Can HDMI Do 144hz – Conclusion
The answer to your question is Yes, HDMI Cables support 144Hz monitors, but the HDMI cable should be the HDMI 1.4 and its higher variants.
When you’re watching a movie or playing a high-graphics game, accurate images with high-speed performance are essential.
So, Invest your money in something good, such as high-grade HDMI cables that can support a high refresh rate of 144Hz.
Several connectivity options for the monitor and HDMI Port are among the best connectivity ports for monitors having a high refresh rate of 144Hz.
And each HDMI Port has its versions, which are compatible with those particular devices.
For this, you require HDMI 1.4 and above versions of HDMI cables so that your monitor can support high-resolution images along with a 144Hz refresh rate.
One benefit of HDMI Cables is that they are easily accessible in the marketplace, and many other electrical devices come with their respective ports for better connectivity.
Hence, you can enjoy high–resolution images, videos, and even games with the HDMI Cable’s help. The HDMI Cable has been the most plausible conventional choice for a high refresh rate gaming monitor for almost a decade because of its simple connectivity and compatibility options that you can’t ignore.