If you’re looking for the Best Portable Monitor For Laptops, you’ve come to the right place.
Here, we’ve gathered some of the best and most highly rated portable monitors on the market today.
We reviewed each product based on its features, performance, and value to ensure that you find the perfect one for your needs.
The Best Portable Monitors For Laptops
If you’re looking for a top-quality portable monitor, there are plenty of great options to choose from.
In this detailed guide, we’ll take a look at some of the best ones on the market.
1. ASUS MB169B+ | Best Portable Monitor
This monitor is light and thin, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
It also has a high resolution of 1920×1080, so you’ll be able to enjoy stunning visuals no matter where you are.
ASUS MB 169B+ is a portable USB powered monitor with a single USB 3.0 cable for power and data transmission.
The minimum system requirements are:
- 1 Gygabytes RAM
- Windows 7 with 14 Gigaheartz Core 2 Duo
- Mac OS X 1083 (not compatible with MacBook and MacBook Pro)
Adjusting to your Needs – Auto-rotating display bundled with the ASUS Smart Case – a two-way adjustable stand and protective sleeve.
Sleek and Portable – World’s slimmest and lightest USB monitors with a metallic finish.
2. AOC e1659Fwu | Budget Portable Display Monitor
One cable is all you need, The E1659FWU USB-powered portable LED-backlit monitor is a must-have laptop or desktop accessory.
The widescreen monitor receives both power and signal via a single USB cable for a plug-and-play connection; it does not require a power cord or VGA cable and comes with a removable base for maximum flexibility. In addition, it comes with a fashionable carry case.
- Sleeker Design, Faster Connections
- USB 3.0 connection for high transfer rates and high-quality image
- New Design: Thinner, Lighter, Portability at its best
- VESA 75mm Wall Mount Compatible
- Built-in DisplayLink Technology for multiple USB monitors connection
3. ViewSonic 15.6 Inch | Best Portable Monitor
This one is another great option to consider. This monitor is light and thin, and it also has a high resolution of 1920×1080.
Also, it comes with a built-in stand, so you can use it in a variety of settings.
ViewSonic 15.6 Inch portable monitor comes with dual 0.8W speakers.
What do you get in the box: A Monitor with Cover, USB C to USB C Cable, USB C to USB A Cable, Mini HDMI Cable, Power Adapter
- Ultra-portable monitor
- 2-way powered USB-C
- Stand cover and screen protector
- Enhanced viewing comfort
- Flexible connectivity
- Optimized for portable gaming
4. Arzopa Portable, 15.6” | FHD HDR 1080P Monitor
Arzopa is another great option to consider. This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features a built-in HDR function that provides superior image quality.
Also, it’s light and thin, so it is easy to take with you when you’re on the go.
Compatible with most laptops: Apple, Huawei, Microsoft, Asus, MI, Lenovo, HP, DELL, Google, Razer, Nvidia and more.
(click image and scroll down to “Compatible Laptop Models” section to see all models)
- 1080P FHD Monitor with HDR
- IPS Eye Care Second Screen
- Ultra-slim, Lightweight
- Landscape and Portrait Mode
- Portable Laptop Monitor
- Extend Your Phone Screen
- Smart Magnetic Cover
- Built-in Dual Speakers
5. Lepow 15.6 Inch | Best Portable Monitor Display
Lepow 15.6 Inch IPS has 1080P resolution, smart cover and mini HDMI/full function Type-C port.
It has 3-in-1 mode which easily connects to various laptops, smartphones, switch. and more.
This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features a built-in USB port that makes it easy to connect to your computer or other devices.
Note: Phones that do not have a full-featured Type-C port require an adapter to connect. Not all laptops or phones with a Type-C port can work with Lepow portable monitor. Please check the Type-C port of your laptops and phones if it supports audio and video signal.
- Slim, light and portable
- FHD 1080P IPS screen
- Dual speakers & HDR mode
- Versatile digital connectivity
- Smart cover and screen protector
6. ASUS ROG Strix 17.3″ | Best Portable Gaming Monitor for Laptops
A perfect option for gamers. It has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features a fast response time of 1ms that ensures smooth gameplay.
Plus, it has a built-in headphone jack and a range of ports that allow you to connect to all your favorite gaming devices.
Game whenever you feel like with ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHPE portable gaming monitor Its 17.3” Full HD IPS panel, can hit up to 240Hz refresh-rate for a smooth gaming experience while its hybrid-signal USB-C and micro-HDMI ports provide a variety of connectivity options for all your electronic devices.
- 17.3″ Full HD (1920×1080) IPS
- Hybrid signal USB-C and micro HDMI ports
- Adaptive sync
- Smart case optimized gaming
- Built-in battery up to 3 hours 240hz refresh rate
7. GKDY 15.6inch | Best FHD Display Screen
Portable Laptop Monitor with Dual HDMI Port is a great option for people who need a portable device that can connect to multiple devices.
This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features two HDMI ports that allow you to easily connect to your laptop and other devices.
Note: 1. If your computer Type-C port is a full-featured Type C port, you can connect with the type-C port or HDMI port. If your computer has no full-featured Type C port, please use HDMI to Mini HDMI to connect.
2. If you want connect your phone, please confirm your phone’s Type-C port is a full-featured Type C port but not just just for charging.
3. When connecting to a switch, it is necessary to supply power to the monitor with the switch’s original adapter.
4. When you use Mini HDMI to connect, you must connect the power line to power it.
- Wide Compatibility
- 100% sRGB FHD 1080P
- Slim, Lightweight, Portable and Powerful
- Magnetic Smart Cover and Dual Speakers
- Phone Mode & Desktop Mode
- Mini HDMI and Type-C Port
8. Upgraded 15.6″ IPS HDR | Best Eye Care Screen for Laptops
The Upgraded 15.6″ IPS HDR is a great option for people who need a portable monitor that has a high resolution and 60hz refresh rate and features an eye-care mode.
This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features an eye-care mode that reduces the amount of blue light emitted from the screen to protect your eyes as much as possible.
In addition, it’s light and thin, making it easy to carry wherever you go.
- Upgraded Configuration & Eye Care
- Landscape or Portrait Mode
- Single Type-C Connect to Signal & Power
- FHD 1080P IPS Screen
- VESA Mountable on Wall & Desktop
- Dual 2W Speakers
- Versatile Digital Connection
- Smart Cover & VESA Mountable
9. 15.6 Inch FHD HDR | Frameless Eye Care Monitor for Laptops
The VisionOwl Portable monitor with USB-C Computer Display is a good option for those who are looking for a high resolution and a frameless design.
This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features a frameless design that makes it easy to fit in any space.
- Frameless, Slim, Light & Portable
- Dual USB Type C Ports and a Mini HDMI port
- FHD 1080P IPS HDR Screen 15.6″ IPS display
- 2 built-in stereo speakers provides
- 60hz refresh rate
- 1080P HDR & 100%sRGB
- FreeSync for Smooth Gameplay
- 178° Wide Viewing Angle
10. BOIFUN 15.8″ | Best Portable Screen Monitor
A computer portable monitor with IPS Screen can be great for those who are looking for a portable monitor with a high resolution and great viewing angle.
This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080, and it also features an IPS screen that allows you to view the screen from any angle. Due to its features and price tag, it is one of the best portable monitors.
Note: If you use a Type C cable to connect, please make sure that the Type C interface of your device supports video and audio signal transmission. Otherwise, the monitor will not be able to display.
- Full function Type C
- Ultra-Slim & 100%sRGB
- FHD 1080P IPS Screen
- Wide Compatibility & Plug and Play
- Dual Speakers & HDR mode
- Protective cover is made of durable PU leather
11. BOIFUN 15.8” | USB C HDMI Portable Display
1080P FHD IPS Second Screen for Laptop with Type-C Hub that can connect to multiple devices.
This monitor has a high resolution of 1920×1080 and 60hz refresh rate that allows outstanding visuals, and it also features a built-in type-C port that allows you to easily connect to your computer, laptop, or other devices.
- FHD IPS screen
- Widely compatibility
- Built-in dual speakers
- Multiple power supply
- Simple & faster connection
- Anti-glare Screen
- Landscape & portrait mode
Frequently Asked Question
Why would I need a portable monitor?
A portable monitor can come in handy for a variety of reasons.
For example, if you need an extra screen to work on your laptop, a portable monitor can be a great option.
Or, if you’re a gamer and want to take your gaming experience on the go, a portable gaming monitor can be the perfect solution.
Plus, portable monitors are also a great option for people who need a monitor that can easily be transported from one place to another.
Whatever your needs may be, there is sure to be a portable monitor that is perfect for you.
So, whether you’re looking for a high-resolution monitor that is easy to take with you wherever you go or a gaming monitor that will give you the best gaming experience possible, there is sure to be a portable monitor that fits your needs.
Are portable monitors compatible with all laptops?
Not all portable monitors are compatible with all laptops.
However, most portable monitors do feature a universal connection that will allow them to be connected to most laptops.
So, if you have a laptop that features a standard HDMI or USB-C port, then you should be able to connect your portable monitor to your laptop without any problems.
However, if you have a laptop that features a non-standard port, then you may need to purchase an adapter in order to connect your portable monitor.
What are some of the benefits of using a portable monitor?
There are a number of benefits to using a portable monitor.
For example, the portable monitors are great for people who need an extra screen to work on their laptops.
They are also perfect for gamers who want to take their gaming experience on the go, and they are a great option for people who need a monitor that can easily be transported from one place to another.
Additionally, portable monitors typically have a high resolution, which means that you will be able to see all of the details on the
How do I connect a portable monitor to my laptop?
To connect a portable monitor to your laptop, you will need to use the appropriate cable.
For example, if you are using a portable monitor that features a standard HDMI port, then you will need to use an HDMI cable to connect the two devices.
If you are using a portable monitor that features a USB-C port, then you will need to use a USB-C cable to connect the two devices.
So, before you purchase a portable monitor, be sure to check the specifications to make sure that you have the appropriate cables.